Dr. Matthew Garoufalis
Currently, Dr. Matthew G. Garoufalis is Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine, and a Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. He is also a Certified Wound Specialist by the Academy of Wound Management. To get to this point, Dr. Garoufalis first graduated from Heidelberg College in Tiffin, Ohio in 1978 earning degrees in Biology and Economics. In 1982 he graduated from the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine before completing a surgical residency at the Westside VA Medical Center in Chicago.
After completing school, he opened up his own private practice, also located in Chicago. Currently, he has two offices - one in Chicago and other in Hinsdale, Illinois. He is also the Assistant Residency Director at the VA Chicago Health Care System – Westside Division, and on the medical staff of St. Anthony Hospital, Mercy Hospital and Hinsdale Hospital.
An advocate for podiatric medicine, Dr. Garoufalis has authored many articles and has lectured extensively across the country on a variety of topics such as podiatric medicine and surgery and practice management. Dr. Garoufalis is Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine, and a Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. He is also a Certified Wound Specialist by the Academy of Wound Management. But before that, he was the past president of the Illinois Podiatric Medical Association; serving in all of it’s elected positions. He was also elected to the American Podiatric Medical Association Board of Trustees in 2003 and has served on several APMA committees.
Contact Dr. Garoufalis:
Web Site: http://www.p-f-c-s.com/
Articles Authored and Reviewed by Dr. Matthew Garoufalis:
- Overlapping Toes – Causes, Treatment, and Surgery
- Chilblains: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Bone Tumor of the Foot — Symptoms and Causes
- Arthritis In Feet: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- What To Do When You Have Itchy Feet
- Foot Gout — Management, Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Sever’s Disease: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- Ankle Replacement Surgery (Ankle Arthroplasty)
- Poor Circulation in Feet – What You Should Know
- Broken Toe — What To Do for Treatment
- Neuropathy in The Feet – Causes, Treatment & Resources
- Ankle Pain: What You Can Do To Find Relief
- What You Can Do To Get Rid Of Foot Cramps
- Stress Fracture of the Foot – What You Can Do
- Your Complete Guide for Foot Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises: A Complete List